Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fullness of Joy-Psalm 16:11

        "You make know to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." I wanted start out this post with the verse Psalm 16:11 because that has basically carried me through my time here in Honduras. I am blown away by how much the Lord has already taught me in the past 7 weeks here.
        I think the biggest thing I have learned is how much I need the Lord to carry me through the day hour by hour. I could not have made it even close to this far had Jesus not been with me every step of the way. I have fallen in love with Jesus so much more because I know that he is the one that is strengthening me day by day and hour by hour. I have definitely seen his power being made perfect throughout all of my weaknesses. I have had many moments where I never want to leave Honduras but also many moments where I longed to be at home with my family or at Auburn with my friends, but that is why Psalm 16:11 has carried me through a lot of this trip because I know that no matter where I am in the world and no matter who I am with as long as I am in the presence of Jesus my joy will be complete and full beyond my human understanding. I have definitely felt that joy while being here in Honduras. I have never been more at peace about the future things to come in my life than I am now because I know that Jesus will make known to me the best possible path for my life and I know that as long as I am in the will of the Lord I will be the happiest I can possibly be on this earth. What a promise it is that no matter what we have, where we live, or who we are with, we will have joy and happiness to its fullest extent as long as we give our lives into the hands of God and follow Jesus with our whole heart. Does that mean life will be smooth sailing from here on out? No, not by any means, but when your joy is dependent upon someone that never changes through the ages, someone that has a perfect love to offer, someone that is faithful to see your good through to the end, someone that gives you provision through your deserts/valleys of life, you will find yourself rejoicing in the suffering and taking heart in the hard times that they are working for your good because your hope is in someone who has overcome the world and in a love that nothing in this world or under this world or above this world can separate you from it. These have been the promises that I have been clinging too over these last 7 weeks and let me tell you my joy has been made complete in the Lord's presence. I hope that this is encouraging to those of you who have read this far. I want to leave you with one verse to grasp in the times that are discouraging for you or your walk of faith, it is John 16:33, " I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take hear; I have overcome the world." 
            Now onto an update of my activities. I am now finally in La Ceiba after 6 weeks of language school in Siguatepeque. I am working in a medical clinic during the week amongst other things. Today was my first day in the clinic and I had a great time! I am very excited to continue my work in the Medical Clinic and learn more and more about medical missions. My week from here on out will look like this: Mondays I will do ESL which means I will teach people here English as a Second Language (ESL). I am very excited about the opportunity to teach ESL and I look forward to working with people of La Ceiba. Tuesdays I will be working in the clinic from 8 am to 2 pm then I will help with Kids Club which is basically a once a week VBS for kids of the community of Armenia Bonito. Wednesdays and Thursdays I will be working in the clinic from 8 am to 2 pm then have the rest of the day free. Fridays we have a team meeting then we can help with the street children ministry after. Saturdays are off days. Sundays we have gringo (Honduran term for white people) church with our team and then at night go to a local Honduran church. I am very excited to get into a full on routine of building relationships with the people of Honduras as well as learning more about the people of La Ceiba.
            I would love if you would pray that I will adjust well to my new schedule and that I will put my whole heart into spreading the joy that I have found in Christ. Pray that the Lord would be the first thing people notice about me. Pray that Katie Scott would be forgotten and that Jesus Christ would be known through me and my time here in La Ceiba. I would also appreciate some prayer that I would be able to sleep a lot of you know that I do not ever sleep well even in the states, so pray that I would lie down and sleep in peace feeling rejuvenated when I wake up in the mornings. 
          Thank you for your many prayers and support throughout all of my time in Honduras. I could not do this trip alone. Having you faithful prayer warriors behind me has made this trip so much easier because I know that my needs are constantly being brought before the Lord. I pray that the Lord blesses each of your through the ministry you are doing in the states no matter what that may be. Every place can be a missions field to share the love of Jesus Christ. Again thank you for your constant prayers
        

No comments:

Post a Comment