Thursday, August 8, 2013

First Honduras Update!

> Buenas Tardes a todos!
> 
> I hope that you are having a splendid Tuesday! I am safely in Honduras and have been here for 4 days now. Right now I am in the mountain town of Siguatepeque in the language school that was built specifically for people who desired a greater knowledge of Spanish in order to work on the missions field. The school is also a seminary for local Honduran men and women who desire to go into the ministry field. It is a beautiful campus with a coffee farm, lots of greenery (I know my Dad would love to garden here) and a beautiful view of the mountains in the background. I am in Siguatepeque for 6 weeks of language school which consists of 5 days a week 4 hours per day. I am being fully immersed in the language and culture as even my teacher does not speak English! I am currently living in the dorms on campus in an apartment with a kitchen and bathroom all to myself. On the weekends I stay with a host family and go to church with them and play soccer with them during the weekend. There are 5 girls in the family, one mother, four daughters, and a niece. It was interesting going there my first two days because none of them speak english so I had to jump right into my Spanish.
> 
> 
> I am looking forward to working with Mike and his team in La Ceiba soon, but for now the Lord has perfectly placed me in Siguatepeque. Pray that I will trust in the Lord providence and perfect plans. It is by no means easy being in another country especially 4 hours away from where the team of missionaries at the beginning of the trip. There are many other American families on the schools campus which has been a blessing for sure. I even live next to a recent auburn grad (War Eagle). Pray that I will be able to adjust to the culture and love the people of Siguatepeque well. I am excited to continue in my language study of Spanish, but pray that the Lord will keep that excitement up and that I will have the capacity to learn more and more each day.
> 
> Overall, the Lord has blessed me so much! I am so amazed by His constant presence in my life throughout each and everyday and night. Again thank you all for continuing in prayer over me, your support means more than you know! Have a blessed day!
> 
> Today God is good.
> 
> ~Katie Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment