Friday, December 21, 2012

7 Months till Honduras!!

                So I just found out two days ago that I am going to get the opportunity of a lifetime. I have been officially accepted by Mission to the World (the missions arm of the presbyterian church in america) to go serve the Lord in Honduras for 10 months. The more I think about this opportunity the more excited I become about this upcoming experience. I'm sure that many people are wondering why now, and why in the middle of college. Well to answer that question, ever since I returned from Mexico this summer I felt uneasy about being at Auburn next year, so I began to pray and look into many internships. The more I prayed the more I realized that the Lord was calling me to the missions field and I felt I needed to answer  that call, so I did. I know that this is a giant leap of faith and I am going to miss out on many things, but all of that is outweighed by the joy and excitement I have to go serve the Lord in Honduras for 10 months. I do plan to return to Auburn the following year and graduate a semester late, in fact it is not really an option in my mind to not graduate from college, and to not graduate from Auburn for that matter.
                My basic prayer needs for now: that my financial support will come in. I have full confidence that if the Lord has truly called me to Honduras he will provide the means to get me there. I know that this is a big financial need, but the Lord is in control and will provide. I also need prayer for my own heart, that I would prepare to be gone from family and friends for 10 months and that I would prepare my heart to serve in a foreign country for 10 whole months, where the language is not my primary language. Lastly, I need prayer for the people of Honduras that the missionaries that are there now would be blessed in everything that they do and that the people of Honduras would have their hearts softened to God's love.
              I leave in August assuming that all of my support has been raised and then will return to the States sometime in May, so that I can begin taking classes at Auburn again that summer. I am so excited for this opportunity to join the ministries in Honduras!


7 MONTHS WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment